Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rollie Pollie Experiment :P

In this assignment for my AP Biology class we had to gather ten rollie pollies or armadillidium vulgare to experiment its reaction to different environments. In my groups investigation we tested the reaction of wood and dirt to sand. We used some form of tray with two pieces of filter paper, one filled with the forest environment and the with the sandy environment. We discovered that the armadillidium vulgare didn't quite like the sandy environment because the sand particles were too small and easily pushed aside for the crustaceans to get a good grip to climb or very well walk on. Also the sand was dry and bright while the creatures are used to a more moist and shady habitat. This was expected considering I found them behind my shed under some slabs and wood.

1 comment:

  1. I would like for you to be more descriptive in your next post. Also, you need to include your data in a table and then discuss your results.

    ReplyDelete